Full time / part time
WP Buffs is the very best 24/7 technical support partner for any individual, business or organization with a WordPress website. Building strong and long-lasting relationships with our customers is our highest priority. We're looking to create a team who are obsessed with making customers and partners happy, being a core member of an ambitious team and a creating a digital world filled with magnificent WordPress websites. If this sounds like you, read on!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to fully learn, internalize and execute our marketing and sales funnels and help drive WP Buffs growth above and beyond $200K MRR.
This position is for a driven, hungry and capable junior digital marketer. Not a highly accomplished Head of Marketing with 10+ years of experience. You'll train heavily under our Head Buff Joe, a seasoned digital marketer, to achieve full mastery over multiple marketing pieces of software and develop a full grasp on how they work together. When you've shown you can execute relentlessly on the marketing and sales processes detailed below, you'll have the opportunity to make bigger, bolder decisions when it comes to strategy and direction. If you have dreams to become an accomplished digital marketer but don't yet have the experience to be a true Head of Marketing, this position will help you get there.
You'll learn the ins and outs of essential marketing and sales software like HubSpot, ConvertKit, RightMessage, Buffer, HotJar, Ahrefs and email collection software like OptinMonster or Sumo. We need a marketer who can tackle data-driven and technical challenges as well as work alongside the rest of the marketing and sales teams to overcome them.
- 1+ year(s) of digital marketing experience (or training through programs like General Assembly, etc)
- Basic knowledge on traffic generation through inbound marketing
- Basic WordPress dashboard experience
- Basic email collection understanding
- Willingness to do educational video calls with potential customers
- Ability to manage (and eventually develop) partnerships via relationship building in and outside of the WordPress community
- Solid English copywriting skills
If you're confident in your baseline marketing skills and can bring this experience to the table, you'll fit well into our already talented team!
Through your initial training and eventual move into leading our marketing team, you and Joe are fully responsible for making sure our team achieves the following outcomes within your first year.
- 2x blog traffic through managing content, guiding new content strategy, managing SEO team and writers, etc.
- 2x lead generation through smarter audience targeting, improved copywriting, heavy A/B testing and experimentation, building new partnerships with other WordPress companies, etc.
- 2x sales results (MRR added). This includes handling video sales calls, A/B testing sales emails, etc.
- 2x the size of our email list through heavy A/B testing and experimentation of email collection on the website, unsubscribe rate optimization, etc.
- Manage small growth team (guest writers, SEO support staff, design freelancers, affiliate managers, etc) to achieve high performance and hit required results.
- Be an active participant in the company culture by being present, communicating with the team in Slack throughout the day, living and breathing our team values and diving head-first into the WordPress community.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, you might be a good fit on our team!
It's not just foundational marketing, sales and growth skills you need to be a Buff. It's the right attitude with which you come to work with every day.
- Practice radical transparency
- Make decisions and own them
- Take customer-focused action
- Deliver exceptional results on-time
- Double check all work for completeness and correctness
- Lead by example
- Always have the backs of other Buffs
- Work full days during your shift
If you're confident you can live and breath these values, you'll be a good fit for our team!
Tools we use
You can read about all the tools we use here at WP Buffs. You may not have to be able to use all of them, but you should already know or be prepared to learn to use any tools required for your position: The SaaS Tools We Use to Run WP Buffs
The other stuff
If you missed our team values, more about what we look for in any new hire or more details about our company perks, check out our main hiring page.
Salary for this position is completely dependent on your experience, location, technical skills, how well you can help us tackle the outcomes for this position and the competencies you can display as a member of this team. This is something we're happy to discuss once you've gotten further along in the application process.
- Joe Howard, Head Buff
If you're confident you can excel in this position, follow these instructions!
Note: We're looking for an individual or freelancer for this position, not an agency!
Email us the following answers at email@example.com.
Use the subject line: Junior Digital Marketer: Your Full Name.
- Who are you?
- What's your favorite post from the WP Buffs blog and why?
- What was your last big adventure?
- What's your next big adventure?
- Where in the world are you?
- What's your favorite gif and emoji? 💩
- What experience do you have in the WordPress community?
- What's your preferred salary / hourly rate?
9. How would you rate your comfort and skills with the following on a scale of: None, Not strong, Strong or Very strong
- Inbound marketing
- Content management with WordPress
- Email collection
- A/B testing
- Email marketing
- People management
- Video sales calls
- Video webinar hosting
- HubSpot sales CRM
10. We've listed 6 outcomes above that we'll expect our Junior Digital Marketer to accomplish in their first year at WP Buffs.
For each of the 6, please describe in-detail a specific project you worked on that shows us you're going to rock that outcome for us. Bonus points for showing us data that proves the success of the project beyond anecdotal evidence (numbers, data, screenshots, etc).