WordPress is an excellent platform if you want to sell products or services, run a website for your business or just publish awesome content for your readers.
But if you run a business and booking appointments or reservations is key to your bottom line, you’ll need to use more than WordPress basics.
Adding booking functionality to your WordPress site will make things easy for your visitors and help convert them into new customers. That’s why you should look into a free WordPress booking plugin to implement on your website.
The Value Of A Booking Plugin
There are a couple reasons why a booking plugin will be one of your most valuable assets.
- It improves your website’s user experience. While some people like to talk with someone on the phone or via livechat, many just want to book an appointment or make a reservation without talking to anybody. This kind of plugin allows your visitors to book an appointment or make a reservation through your website without you spending any of your precious time on it. That’s huge!
- Creating an expectation that users will book appointments or make reservations themselves makes things easier on you as the business owner. No more back-and-forth email exchanges or untimely phone calls. The booking plugin takes care of the whole process and you can focus on bigger things.
- Some of the WordPress booking plugins listed below integrate with your Google Calendar to make scheduling even easier for you.
- Many of the following WordPress booking plugins come with payment functionality fully integrated as well (PayPal, Stripe, etc). This allows your users to pay you without your involvement.
Does My Website Need A Booking Plugin?
Before you add, activate and configure a free WordPress booking plugin (or a paid one), it’s important to ask yourself if you really need it in the first place. Having booking functionality implemented on your WordPress site could be important in a few different situations.
- If your practice runs on appointment windows (maybe you’re a doctor, dentist, therapist, etc), then allowing your patients to book appointments online will make you more efficient and save you and your staff tons of time.
- If you’re helping people book travel, a travel agency booking plugin might help your visitors reserve travel plans.
- If your website allows travelers to book a place to stay, an accommodation booking plugin could allow them to reserve rooms for their visit.
- You could be helping people find the right hotel, in which case a hotel booking plugin with payment integration would be perfect.
- You may be helping people with airfare. If this is the case, an airline booking plugin might help.
- Maybe you want to help people rent a vehicle. A car rental booking plugin would work well on your WordPress site.
- In the same vein, your visitors might want to reserve a taxi service. A taxi booking plugin would bring a lot of value to them.
- If your business let’s people do any sort of rentals, a general rental booking plugin would streamline your entire operation.
These are only a few situations in which a booking plugin could be helpful for you. In general, if it would bring value to your visitors to allow them to book an appointment or make some sort of reservation themselves, it’s worth considering.
Free Booking Plugins For WordPress
The easiest way to implement booking functionality on your site is through a plugin. Here’s a comprehensive list of the very best free plugins. Some have premium upgrades, but you can test and use the basic functionality on your site without upgrading.
Sagenda is one of the premier online booking software tools that can help your website visitors reserve meetings and appointments with you or your business online. It gives your visitors the ability to choose both the date and the time of their appointment. Booking for your business can now be done 100% online!
- There is no cost for your clients or you. This makes things easier for website owners on a tight budget.
- You can process unlimited bookings/customers through the plugin. There are no limits.
- Sagenda doesn’t display ads, so you know the user experience for your visitors will be excellent.
- You can use Sagenda shortcodes to easily implement the booking plugin on any page or post.
You can even install and have the plugin working on your WordPress site within 2 minutes!
Bookings is an extremely powerful digital appointment booking solution for WordPress that lets you provide online booking on your website.
- It’s easy to manage blackout times and restrict reservations.
- Reservation minimum and maximum time limits can be customized as you wish.
- Administrators can add and manage unlimited resources, have full control over all reservations (browse, modify and delete, etc), and can search the reservation database easily.
- All calendars can be viewed in a day/week/month layout.
- Any reservations can be set to be approved automatically or manually.
- Multiple languages are supported.
- Full community support is provided via their Forums.
The free version is limited to 1 schedule and 25 bookings per month. Upgrading to the pro version gives you unlimited schedules and bookings. You’ll also have access to payment gateway integrations, the ability to export to Google calendar and others and much more.
3. Booking Calendar
Booking Calendar will allow for an online booking services for your site. It’s a very well supported plugin and one of the oldest booking wordpress plugins around! It has flexible functionality and an intuitive interface, which you can use regardless of your business needs.
- Booking Calendar is easy to use.
- All bookings received and plugin settings are stored in your database. No need for third-party account(s).
- Customizable and sleek design of calendars, which means you can easily match it to your site’s design.
- Responsive front end and back end design so the booking plugin will appear well across all devices.
- A robust Admin Panel that lets you manage all bookings and display all bookings in a Calendar Overview.
- Easily import events from your Google Calendar to your booking admin panel.
- Quickly add bookings from your admin panel to your Google Calendar.
4. Booking Calendar Contact Form
The Booking Calendar Contact Form allows you to build a traditional contact or booking form with the ability to integrate a reservation calendar as well as connected to a PayPal payment button. The plugin allows visitors to select the start (ex: check-in) and end (ex: checkout) dates.
- A anti-spam captcha is built into the booking form.
- Start and end dates are easy to select.
- Email texts and validation messages are customizable.
- Supports full-day, partial-day and week-long bookings.
5. Appointment Calendar
Appointment Calendar is an easy-to-use yet effective plugin that allows you to take online appointment bookings on your WordPress website. If you are a consultant/doctor/lawyer etc, you can now utilize the power of an automated appointment calendar.
6. WP Simple Booking Calendar
If you’re trying to rent your holiday or vacation home to tourists, WP Simple Booking Calendar is the perfect free plugin to use on your website. You can easily display the availability of a holiday home, bed & breakfast, individual room, office or even a piece of equipment.
The free version of this plugin gets you all the basics you’d need to keep track of all the bookings on your website. If you’re interested in advanced editing and publishing options or custom legend items, it’s easy to upgrade to the Premium version.
Premium Booking Plugins For WordPress
If booking is really essential to your bottom line, investing in a premium plugin may be worth it. If you want one of the more powerful paid booking solutions for WordPress, check out some of these premium plugins.
7. Gravity Forms
Whether you already own Gravity Forms or you need to purchase it, you can easily create a fully customized booking form using it’s advanced drag-and-drop interface.
GF also has built-in notifications, so you can easily send confirmations for any appointments set by your visitors. You can also integrate payment options with your forms in case you want to charge for each reservation.
8. Event Booking Pro
Event Booking Pro is a fully loaded event booking system for WordPress.
Two features people are looking for often in a booking plugin are the ability to integrate with Google Calendar and payment functionality. Event Booking Pro provides both. Events can be added directly to your Google Calendar so you can keep track of events and a PayPal integration is available to your visitors can pay for their reservation before making it.
Booki lets your visitors manage and create online reservations and appointments via their WordPress plugin.
Schedule an appointment for a massage, haircut, event, accommodation, fitness lesson, parking, meeting, rental, taxi, tickets, teacher and thousands of other services.
BirchPress is a robust premium WordPress booking plugin. It lets you add a professional booking system to your WordPress site. Your visitors can make reservations from your website and pay by using the integrated PayPal and Credit Card payment system.
BirchPress syncs it’s booking calendar perfectly with any other calendars you use for your business (Google Calendar, Outlook, Android, iCal, etc). It even has an email notification and reminder system that’s fully customizable so you and your clients can stay up-to-speed about upcoming bookings.
Bookly is a fully automated online booking & scheduling system for WordPress. It maintains fully customizable booking form with notifications, online payments and Google Calendar sync.
12. Pinpoint Booking System Pro
Pinpoint Booking System Pro will allow you to easily create a booking/reservation system internal to your WordPress blog or website. With this plugin, you can display calendars for users to select availability and book dates that work for their and your schedules.
The plugin also supports coupon codes, discounts, taxes and fees, deposits and much more. This gives you a lot of flexibility when your visitors are booking reservations.
13. Team Booking
The best part of Team Booking is it’s deep Google Calendar integration.
In this plugin, all the availability plans are made via Google Calendar!
- Make availability plans through Google Calendar.
- Calendar events become free slots, ready to be booked.
- Once booked, the relative Google Calendar event will be updated!
Booked comes with some terrific features.
- You can use Booked with WooCommerce to let your visitors purchase appointments and checkout using WooCommerce.
- Your website’s Booking Agents have a profile screen that lets them manage their incoming appointment requests.
- Display your appointments on Google Calendar, Outlook, Apple Calendar, etc with an iCal feed directly from your site. (one-way sync).
This list of plugins should provide a comprehensive list to get you started booking appointments or reservations on your WordPress site. Every website is different, so try a few that you think will work best for your unique situation and go with one that fits your website best.