SEO is exhausting.
Really – even for our search engine marketers here at WP Buffs.
First, you have to be producing some really great content. If people don’t love what’s published on your website enough to sign up for your newsletter or at least come back in the future, bringing in traffic from search engines won’t help you.
Then there’s on-page SEO. You need to make sure your page title, headers, meta data, image alt tags and more are optimized on every new page you publish.
But you’re not done yet. You need to reach out to others in your industry to help them promote your content. Not to mention getting all your content indexed by Google, winning links back to your website, and much, much more.
It’s a full-time job and then some!
But like most challenges, people overcome it by reaching out to others for support. Although the realm of search engine optimization has it’s fair share of shady characters, there are many people out there who want to help you grow your website.
That’s where the top SEO forums come into play.
The Advantages of Using SEO Forums
While reaching out to individual search engine marketers or digital agencies is an option, seeking answers in forums has it’s benefits.
- Not everyone in SEO is looking for work! Many of those people hang out in forums answering questions, so there’s no expectation that providing you free information means you’ll hire them to do the work.
- These forums already have hundreds if not thousands of questions and answers, so someone may already have the solution you’re looking for.
- If you choose to, you can remain anonymous. No need to reveal your real identity if you don’t want to.
What to Watch Out For
Whenever you access any online forums, it’s important to stay vigilant of spam and malicious activity.
- Be careful before you click on links. Make sure the person who posted it seems trustworthy.
- Only interact with people who have completely filled out their profile. Many spammers will create incomplete accounts, and filling yours out means you’re there for a good purpose.
- Keep an eye out for bad grammar and incorrect spelling. We don’t discriminate against anybody who’s second language is english, but this could be a red flag.
Which SEO Forums Are The Best?
SEOchat is a a community dedicated to helping beginners and professionals alike in improving their knowledge around search engine optimization.
- Search Engine Optimization (Google, Bing and Yahoo)
- Social Media Marketing (Social Chat, Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus)
- Pay Per Click (Google AdWords, Bing ads and Facebook ads)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Content Writing / Marketing
- Local Marketing
- Keyword Research
- Analytics Analysis
- Link Development
- Conversion Optimization
- Mobile Optimization
This is now a read-only forum and no new posts or registrations allowed. But, there’s a lot of great information here for anybody new to SEO.
- SEO Tips & Techniques
- Search Engine Friendly Design & Usability
- Social Media Marketing
- SEO No-no’s
- Website Content and Online Copywriting Issues
- SEM/SEO Resources and Advice
- Pay-per-click (PPC) Search Engine Advertising
- Web Analytics, Server Logs and Tracking ROI
- Technology and Coding
- Internet Marketing
- Running a Business
- Industry News
- International SEM
- Keyword Research
- Dynamic Sites
- SEO Services
- Site Architecture
- Search Engine Spam
- Business Issues
- Online Courses
The Warrior SEO forum lets you post questions and get assistance quickly as well as get advice and answers from SEO experts around the world. Stay current with ranking algorithm changes and search engine updates so your site never gets penalized and you continue to increase visibility, exposure and traffic from the right audience. Learn how you can target new visitors through content and keyword optimization, convert the traffic into sign ups, sales, calls or bookings.
Discussion questions and topics normally posted in the SEO forum range from introductory SEO topics and help to advanced SEO like XML sitemaps, rich snippets, increasing visibility and traffic, improving page load speed and even ways to avoid malware, black hat SEO, spam and search engine penalties.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search engine success factors
- Content optimization
- HTML optimization
- Link building
- Rich snippets
- Search engine spam penalties
- SEO starters guide
- Site architecture
- Duplicate content
- Writing copy
- Content marketers
- Panda update
- Penguin update
- Internet marketing
- Content creation
- Keyword research
Moz is an SEO-focused digital marketing software company with 35,000+ customers. It’s one of the go-to resources for SEOs around the world, and they have a forum where anybody can peruse questions and answers!
In order to be able to ask your own questions, make comments, or give others thumbs up, you’ll first need to sign up for Moz Pro.
The SEO Mastering Forums are to be used as a place where people can come to learn about search engine optimization and website promotion trends and techniques.
- SEO Basics
- Advanced Search Engine Optimization
- Link Building
- On Site Optimization
- SEO Services and SEO Tools
- Google Search Optimization
- Microsoft SEO
- Alexa Ranking
- Other Search Engines
- Facebook Discussions
- Twitter Discussions
- Pay Per Click
- Pay Per View
- Directory Submission
- Domain Names
- Affiliate Marketing
- Online Payment Processing
- Blog Promotion
- Website Design
- Website Review and Suggestions
- Web Hosting
- Server Administration
Digital Point is an online community of everything digital. They have a special forum area specifically dedicated to search engine optimization.
This forum will help you improve your SEO abilities, learn & share the best SEO strategies, and increase your network within the SEO world. All good things!
Be careful not to buy or sell links, as that strategy of link building goes directly Google’s guidelines and may get you penalized!
8. SEO Refugee
Another strong SEO forum. They have a lot of topics previously discussed, not to mention some pretty killer spam-prevention statistics.
Always good to know when you register and log in, you won’t have to face too much spam!
9. Apex Forum
Apex offers discussion about different strategies of getting viewers and turning them into dollars. They discuss whitehat SEO as well as other marketing methods.
Use these forums to your benefit as they’re all free to join! Be careful of spam, talk to the right people and you’ll have the answers to your toughest SEO questions in no time! And if you’d like a checklist to make sure your current SEO has checked all the boxes, give this a read: WordPress SEO Checklist – 45 Tips for 2017