Full time / part time
WP Buffs is the very best 24/7 technical support partner for any individual, business or organization with a WordPress website. Building strong and long-lasting relationships with our customers is our highest priority. We're looking to add driven and ambitious people to our team who are obsessed with making customers and partners happy, being a core member of an ambitious team and a creating a digital world filled with magnificent WordPress websites. If this sounds like you, read on!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make WordPress headache-free for all WP Buffs customers and partners and turn our customers, partners and the entire WordPress space into raving WP Buffs fans!
This job is for accomplished support specialists. You don't need to be a senior support technician with 20 years of experience, but you do need to know enough WordPress to manage a team of developers and support knowledge to keep reply and resolution times low.
- 1+ year(s) of customer support experience
- 2+ years of WordPress experience
- Excellent desk software organizational skills
- Ability to manage small team of developers in help desk
- Fluent and error-free English written communication
- Basic HTML
- Basic CSS
- Gravity Forms
- Beaver Builder
If you're confident in your WordPress support skills and can hold your own, you'll fit well into our already talented team!
As a Happiness Buff, you are fully responsible for making sure our team achieves the following outcomes.
- Manage a small team of developers to ensure an average first response time of less than 2 hours and resolution time of less than 24 hours for all tickets.
- Communicate efficiently and simply with customers in fluent and error-free English written communication and resolve all tickets in 3 or fewer replies.
- Manage accounts of hundreds of customers and keeping us 100% organized when it comes to onboarding, upgrades, downgrades, customer notes, cancellations, etc.
- Always work towards 0 tickets left in the desk and 0 tasks in projects.
- Be an active participant in the company culture by being present and communicating with the team in Slack throughout the day.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, you might be a good fit on our team!
It's not just technical support skills you need to be a Buff. It's the right attitude with which you come to work with every day.
- Practice radical transparency
- Make decisions and own them
- Take customer-focused action
- Deliver exceptional results on-time
- Double check all work for completeness and correctness
- Lead by example
- Always have the backs of other Buffs
- Work full days during your shift
If you're confident you can live and breath these values, you'll be a good fit for our team!
Tools we use
You can read about all the tools we use here at WP Buffs. You may not have to be able to use all of them, but you should already know or be prepared to learn to use any tools required for your position: The SaaS Tools We Use to Run WP Buffs
The other stuff
If you missed our team values, more about what we look for in any new hire or more details about our company perks, check out our main hiring page.
Salary for this position is completely dependent on your experience, location, technical skills, how well you can help us tackle the outcomes for this position and the competencies you can display as a member of this team. This is something we're happy to discuss once you've gotten further along in the application process.
- Joe Howard, Head Buff
If you're confident you can excel in this position, follow these instructions!
Email us the following answers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the subject line: Happiness Buff: Your Full Name.
- Who are you?
- What's your favorite post from the WP Buffs blog and why?
- What was your last big adventure?
- What's your next big adventure?
- Where in the world are you?
- What's your favorite gif and emoji? 💩
- What experience do you have in the WordPress community?
- What's your preferred salary / hourly rate?
9. How would you rate your comfort and skills with the following on a scale of: None, Not strong, Strong or Very strong
- Customer support software
- English written communication
- Written customer interaction
- WordPress dashboard
- Hosting infrastructures
- Beaver Builder
10. We've listed 5 outcomes above that we'll expect our Happiness Buff to accomplish in their first year at WP Buffs.
For each of the 5, please describe in-detail a specific project you worked on that shows us you're going to rock that outcome for us. Bonus points for showing us data that proves the success of the project beyond anecdotal evidence (numbers, data, screenshots, etc).