You've got questions? We've got answers.
- We offer 24/7 support. Because WP Buffs was built around a 100% remote work environment, we have staff working from here in the US and across the globe.
- We give our customers access to premium plugins. Every website on our Perform Plan or Perform Plan Pro care plans gets access to iThemes Security Pro (a $297 value), WP Smush Pro (a $600 value) and WP Rocket (a $199 value). This is pretty terrific value considering the overall prices of our care plans.
- When you work with WP Buffs, a significant part of your payment goes towards helping us donate time to causes we all care about. For example, a significant part of our revenue goes towards the 100% free development time and care plan we donate to herresiliencycenter.org. HER Resiliency Center is a non-profit organization that helps vulnerable young women ages 18 to 25 with the support, skills, and resources they need to make positive decisions and thrive. Through mentoring, workshops, and the support of dedicated and highly trained staff, HER gives young women a path to independence and a different life.
- We let our customers speak for themselves. Our team’s highest priority has always been to make customers happy. You can search for us on Google or check out our reviews on Facebook. We think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
- We have a white-label partnership program. WP Buffs partners with design agencies, marketing firms and freelancers by offering a simple and effective white-label solution. If you have clients or customers who need ongoing website edits, performance enhancements, additional security or any kind of regular maintenance, we’ll step in as your background technical partner.
Unlimited edits do include edits to content, changing plugin settings and CSS adjustments. Things that are not included are custom development (PHP, plugins, themes, etc), updating custom code, graphic design, PSD to WordPress or building out a new website or subdomain.
- Included: You want us to change out the logo with one that you provide.
- Not included: You want us to edit your logo image.
- Included: You want us to add a new product to your WooCommerce store.
- Not included: You want us to create a custom checkout process for your WooCommerce store.
We'd be happy to help you with custom development as well. That kind of project is fully covered by our hourly work or a retainer plan.
We get a lot of questions about our unlimited edits. But it's true! Unlimited really means unlimited when it comes to the edits we provide. We don't like to nickel and dime people, so we just ask them to pay for their monthly subscription and we provide the technical support. Easy.
Once you sign up for the care plan that makes the most sense for you, you'll receive a welcome email with information on your plan and details about how to securely send us your login credentials. Once you send login information for your WordPress dashboard and hosting provider, we'll have your plan fully implemented in 24-48 hours.
The speed enhancements can take up to a week since we have to optimize everything for your unique core files, theme and plugins and we want to be careful not to cause any downtime for your website. So we take our time and make sure this is done right instead of risking potentially compromising your website.
We partner with iThemes to bring premium WordPress security to your website! Get started with our Perform Plan or Perform Plan Pro and we’ll implement the plugin and optimize it for your unique site to give you the best possible coverage.
We'll also implement additional security across your WordPress dashboard and server as needed. These security measures are unique for every website we work with, which means a customized solution for everybody.
You can see all the details here: How The Buffs Do WordPress Security
Of course! We provide care plans specifically for the ongoing support of any eCommerce site built on WordPress. Websites with advanced functionality like this require our Perform Plan Pro. Sites like this take more resources for us to manage, so making sure you're on the right plan means we'll be able to dedicate what's needed to keep your website secure, fast and running smoothly.
Our care plans each cover one single domain (website.com, subdomain.website.com, etc). If you have 3 websites that you'd like us to manage, you'll need 3 plans, one for each. You are more than welcome to choose different plans for each website.
We’ll work with anybody regardless of their hosting provider. We understand that different websites have different needs and that people have realistic budgets that they have to meet.
If you're looking for a no-headache hosting partner, We do recommend you take advantage of the free migration offered by our trusted WordPress hosting partners. We can’t always improve website speed for our customers who need it when they’re running on a very slow shared server, so in that case we might recommend an upgrade.
Our partners' plans are a step up from shared servers that limit your resources and sacrifice both speed and security. They've got your back!
Our team is distributed, meaning we work from around the globe! Our core team is local to the US while some of our employees are international and work remotely. This gives us the ability to provide 24/7 service. If your website crashes at 3am on a Sunday morning, someone on our team will be notified within 1 minute, the issue will be addressed and your site will be back up immediately.
This varies on the time of day and day of the week, but most are responded to within a couple hours to let you know that we've received it and are getting to work. The majority of single-request tickets are solved within 24 hours. Occasionally it may take a bit longer for a long list of edits or more complex changes. For priority support (most single-request ticketsare solved within 3-6 hours), feel free to upgrade to our Perform Plan Pro.
Again, these times are for a single task, but several tasks sent at once will be broken up and handled as multiple tickets. This may increase the turnaround time.
Yes! Just get started with our Perform Plan Pro and we'll have your site cleaned up within 24 hours.
We will keep your website with it's current hosting provider if you don't want to make the move. We do offer our hand-picked WordPress hosting partners as the perfect option if you're not happy with your current host and are looking for a hosting partner who will take the lead here. Let us know if you'd like to take advantage of the free migration they offer.
If you need us to provide edits to your website, you'll need to upgrade to our Perform Plan or Perform Plan Pro. We're not big fans of one-time edits since we want to work with people who understand their website is a work in progress and want a technical partner who can help them continue to move forward. Plus, when it comes to security and website speed, one-time changes are simply not effective. We want to provide ongoing support to get your WordPress site fast and secure, then keep it that way.
There are a few reasons for this:
- Sometimes plugin updates are released with bugs. Updating less frequently allows the plugin developer to get rid of these bugs before we add them to your WordPress site.
- Batching more updates together means an easier manual review. That in turn means a lower probability that something bad will happen or break your website.
- We'll be doing all these updates on the weekend when most websites receive less traffic. That means a safer environment and minimal issues for your visitors.
We always make an exception for more major plugin updates, such as WooCommerce. When major updates come out for this, we'll make the updates far more slowly to ensure that your website remains running smoothly without any hiccups.
We've set up our pricing structure to stay pretty lean and with our global team, it just makes more sense to handle all our support through email and livechat. While we don't offer phone support, we've made customer service a huge priority here at WP Buffs and you'll find both our email and livechat support fast, effective and friendly!
- WP Rocket ($199 value): a premium caching plugin that speeds up the loading time of your site.
- WP Smush Pro ($600 value): automatically compresses all images across your site for faster loading time.
- iThemes Security Pro ($297 value): complete security solution for your entire WordPress website.
- Video User Manuals ($240 value): You'll have unrestricted access to 100+ WordPress how-to videos in your dashboard.
Of course! We urge everybody to start with a monthly plan so you can get to know us and how we work. Handing over the keys to your website is a big deal so our highest priority is to build a strong relationship with you.
Once you've worked with us for a bit and know how awesome we are, you can take advantage of our discounted pricing and move over to a yearly plan anytime. Just email us or hop into livechat and we'll make it happen. It's that easy.
We do offer custom development as a supplement to our ongoing care plans. If you have a larger project that requires custom work and is outside the scope of our care plans, we're happy to do it as an addition to our ongoing maintenance of your website.
Custom development is $100/hr. You'll detail the project to our technical team and we'll give you an accurate estimate for how much time it takes. We'll start working only once you give us the green light to move forward.
You know it! We've been 100% compliant since May 25, 2018. You can read more about the types of data we collect, how we collect it, and how we use your data here.