Full time only
WP Buffs is the very best 24/7 technical support partner for any individual, business or organization with a WordPress website. Building strong and long-lasting relationships with our customers is our highest priority. We're looking to add A players to our team who are obsessed with making customers and partners happy, being a core member of an ambitious team and a creating a digital world filled with magnificent WordPress websites. If this sounds like you, read on!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make WordPress headache-free for all WP Buffs customers and partners and turn our customers, partners and the entire WordPress space into raving WP Buffs fans!
This job is for accomplished WordPress developers. You don't need to be a senior developer with 20 years of experience, but you do need to know more than just how to make basic changes from the WordPress dashboard.
- WordPress theme editing & development
- Fluent and error-free English written communication
- Caldera Forms
- Gravity Forms
- Beaver Builder
- WordPress plugin development
If you're confident in your WordPress development skills and can hold your own, you'll fit well into our already talented team!
As a Technical Buff, you are fully responsible for making sure our team achieves the following outcomes.
- Solve any customer or partner requests that require PHP, HTML, CSS, theme editing & development or basic WordPress technical knowledge.
- Ensure a first response time of less than 2 hours and resolution time of less than 24 hours for all tickets.
- Work with the team in the #tickethelp Slack channel and notes our ticketing system to find a solution for any WordPress issue so that no ticket remains unsolved within 24 hours.
- Communicate efficiently and simply with customers in fluent and error-free English written communication and resolve all tickets in 3 or fewer replies.
- Always work towards 0 tickets left in the desk and 0 tasks in projects.
- Be an active participant in the company culture by being present and communicating with the team in Slack throughout the day.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, you might be a good fit on our team!
It's not just technical support skills you need to be a Buff. It's the right attitude with which you come to work with every day.
- Practice radical transparency
- Make decisions and own them
- Take customer-focused action
- Deliver exceptional results on-time
- Double check all work for completeness and correctness
- Lead by example
- Always have the backs of other Buffs
- Work full days during your shift
If you're confident you can live and breath these values, you'll be a good fit for our team!
Tools we use
You can read about all the tools we use here at WP Buffs. You may not have to be able to use all of them, but you should already know or be prepared to learn to use any tools required for your position: The SaaS Tools We Use to Run WP Buffs
The other stuff
If you missed our team values, more about what we look for in any new hire or more details about our company perks, check out our main hiring page.
Salary for this position is completely dependent on your experience, location, technical skills, how well you can help us tackle the outcomes for this position and the competencies you can display as a member of this team. This is something we're happy to discuss once you've gotten further along in the application process.
- Joe Howard, Head Buff
If you're confident you can excel in this position, follow these instructions!
Email us the following answers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the subject line: Technical Buff: Your Full Name.
- Who are you?
- What's your favorite post from the WP Buffs blog and why?
- What was your last big adventure?
- What's your next big adventure?
- Where in the world are you?
- What's your favorite gif and emoji? 💩
- What's your preferred hourly rate?
- What were your last 3-5 jobs and what kind of development did you perform at each? Do you have any samples of projects you worked on there that we can take a look at? Please describe in detail what you did on those websites, such as design, theme development, plugin development, customization, etc.
How would you rate your comfort and skills with the following on a scale of: None, Not strong, Strong or Very strong
- CSS 3
- CSS Animations
- Caldera Forms
- Beaver Builder
- Describe all steps that you would take to complete the following requests in the order in which you would do them. Be specific about any tools that you would use, things that you would check, changes that you would make, code that you would install and additional steps you would take if your first ways of completing the edits are unavailable.
- "I would like to change the background color of my site header."
- "I would like to force all logged-out visitors to my site to be redirected to the homepage if they try to visit any other page of the site."
- "HELP! My site is completely white, everything is gone!"
- "My site is very slow. Please make it faster."
- "What is Gutenberg? Do I need it for my website?"