WP Buffs is the very best technical support partner for any individual, business or organization with a WordPress website. Building strong and long-lasting relationships with our customers is our highest priority. We’re looking to add a team member who can make the priorities of our customers their own. Your ultimate goals are happy customers and magnificent WordPress websites. Boom!
This is a listing for a part-time job but can become a full-time position for someone who displays exceptional performance.
You will take the lead all technical issues faced by our customers. This position is the very first line of technical support for the majority of our customers when they need edits to their website. That’s why you’re someone who understands that fast and effective work is paramount. Our customers already have fully-functioning WordPress websites; it’s your job to make sure any edits they need are taken care of quickly and effectively.
You will also be managing the hosting set up for our customers. Of course you’re an expert when it comes to the WordPress dashboard, but you also know your way around hosting dashboards for providers like WP Engine, Kinsta, GoDaddy, SiteGround. Regardless of the hosting provider, you can create new FTP credentials and make adjustments via any hosting dashboard.
The types of support requests range from highly technical (speed optimization via Pingdom suggestions) to very straightforward (CSS changes). Simple edits will be completed within hours while advanced changes may take longer; it’s your job to communicate effectively with our Happiness Buffs so that they can set the right expectations with our customers.
You will also be in charge of on-boarding new customers. This amounts to a large checklist of tasks required for all new customers and is something you will be trained to do. Your job will be to closely follow this checklist and incorporate new plugins as needed.
Even more important than your responsibilities is how you fit into our team here at WP Buffs. Living and breathing our values and principles is an absolute requirement for any new recruit.
- Everything is delivered on-time. Always. — Whether we’re talking about small content edits or an e-commerce shopping cart installation, projects for customers are always delivered on-time. Prioritizing the needs of our customers is our #1 priority.
- Be entrepreneurial — Think like an entrepreneur. Make decisions like an entrepreneur. That means asking questions when you don’t know the answer and taking action yourself when customer edits are due.
- Constraints bring out creativity — Whether it’s deadlines, money or technology, we embrace constraints and use them to fuel creative decisions.
- High bar for quality — We sweat the details. Our bar for quality borders perfectionism. The result of obsessing over the small parts is the whole becomes exponentially stronger.
- Strong sense of purpose — We’re here to make a difference and that purpose drives us each day to make a better product and a better place to work. The only way the businesses we serve can succeed is if we succeed.
- Think differently — Our customers might ask for something that’s not the best way to implement something within WordPress. It may even be totally wrong! When customers send us edits that don’t make sense, we will politely advise them to go a different route and present them with other options that will work within WordPress to accomplish their requirements.
This position is a great fit for someone who:
- Understands the structural functionality of WordPress
- Is confident in their ability to deliver edits within 3-6 hours for 90% of edits
- Is a self-starter who loves to deliver sustainable solutions
- Enjoys tackling a wide variety of problems over a large range of topics
- Demonstrates an ability to adapt and incorporate feedback from others
- Has experience troubleshooting simple WordPress and hosting issues
- Is a fast learner
- Can work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Is excited about working with a remote team
- Wants a flexible job that’s not a traditional 9-5
- Appreciates emojis and gifs
- Firm grasp of the English language through email support
- Minimum 3 years in WordPress
- Available 7 days a week (more frequently Mon-Fri, less frequently Sat-Sun)
- Responds to new support tickets assigned to them within hours
- Regular WordCamp attendee, speaker, volunteer or organizer
- Time management skills
- Experience logging into customer sites
- Experience troubleshooting issues within the WordPress dashboard
- Experience logging into + moving around hosting provider dashboards
Success in this position looks like:
- Timely completion of ticket edits (3-6 hours for 90% of tickets)
- Timely resolution or escalation of issues where appropriate
- Up-to-date notes and information on customer records
What we expect:
- Confident and positive engagement with the entire internal team
- Active participation in WP Buffs internal team chat
- Feedback and contribution to the team so we can all learn
- Eagerness to learn
- Transparency with workload or needs
- Ability to turn constructive criticism into improved performance
Tools we use:
These are the software tools you’ll need to be (or become) proficient in:
All WP Buffs team members are required to own their work and tasks. You must be able to give feedback as well as take it. Again, communication is crucial to our team, internally as well as externally.
“WP Buffs is not for everybody.
– Joe Howard, Head Buff
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please email us the following at email@example.com to apply:
- Who are you?
- What’s your favorite post from the WP Buffs blog and why?
- What was your last big adventure?
- What’s your next big adventure?
- What’s your favorite WordCamp memory from the last 365 days?
- What are your hourly salary requirements?